Quality, Reliability & Customer Care…
We were inspected by Ofsted in June 2015. Inspectors confirmed we were a good provider overall. Our learner outcomes, quality of teaching, learning & assessment and leadership and management were also judged to be good.
“Access has a long established mission to work with employers across the North East region to develop the skills of their employees.” Ofsted June 2015
Ofsted also noted the “consistently high and rising number of qualifications & progression outcomes for learners and the number of local employers who repeatedly use Access as their preferred training organisation.”
Our performance is also measured by the following:
FE Choices is the Government’s performance assessment tool for further education colleges and post-16 education and training providers. This includes a set of performance indicators that cover aspects of a provider’s provision including success rates and the views of learners and employers. In 2014 our employers gave us an average grade of 9.1 out of 10. This compares favourably with the national average score of 8.2 and the scores of almost all of our local competitors. To view the FE Choices Comparison site, please click here.
We also undertake our own annual Employer Survey to gather views on other aspects of our performance.
Employers were particularly positive about the professionalism of the staff delivering training and how well they support employees to gain qualifications. How the team tailors training programmes to meet specific business needs was also praised.
- Access understood our training requirements and delivered outstanding results. The training we received was much better than we ever anticipated and they always went the extra mile with us. A highly recommended training provider’ – Jowetts.
- Skills advisers push our staff to expand their skills and knowledge – it isn’t just doing enough to get them through the qualification.’ – Peacocks Medical Group.
- ‘Always efficient and polite, having a good understanding of our needs when recruiting. Always very professional’ – Acrol.
- ‘They seem to communicate well with and inspire their students’ – Gateshead Council.
- ‘Speed of providing candidates for apprenticeship position’ –TDR.
For more information please click on the following downloadable documents: