Apprenticeships are government supported work-based training programmes, available at different levels and in a variety of occupational areas.
Typically an apprenticeship involves working towards an NVQ (national vocational qualification), a technical certificate (eg a City and Guilds or BTEC qualification) and functional skills in Mathematics, English and ICT.
Training is usually undertaken in the work place although in some occupational areas day release may also be required.
Apprenticeships available through Access
We offer Apprenticeships (level 2), Advanced Apprenticeships (level 3) and Higher Apprenticeships (level 4) in a wide variety of areas
- Business Administration (2,3)
- Accounting (2,3 and 4)
- Team Leading and Management (2,3)
- Customer Service (2,3)
- Teaching and Learning (3)
- Manufacturing Operations (2)
- Security Systems Engineering (3)
- Warehousing and Distribution (2,3)
For more information please contact our Business Solutions team on 0191 490 4652, or please click on the following downloadable documents:
Apprenticeships for individuals
Apprenticeships are available for anyone over the age of 16, and are aimed at those starting a career, looking to progress to higher levels, or for those with experience but without the formal qualifications to support that experience. Apprenticeships are designed to help you learn on the job, developing your practical skills and abilities and helping you become the best at what you do.
If you are already employed, then we can help you get qualifications under your belt while you continue to earn, putting yourself in an excellent position to develop your career. We are happy to discuss your aspirations with your employer.
If you are not currently employed, then we can interview you, match your details with suitable vacancies (see link below), and put you forward for interview with our employers. You will be employed from day one in a real job, on real wages, and gain a range of qualifications.
What makes Access apprenticeships different?
- We offer first class support to our learners.
- We offer progression. Many of our learners go on to complete second and third qualifications with us. Alongside their qualifications, many are promoted, moving onwards and upwards in their career too.
- We offer quality. We are an award-winning organisation, graded ‘good’ by Ofsted in all occupational areas and with achievement rates continually above national averages.
If you can’t find what you are looking for here, or you want to consider other occupational areas or vacancies, more support is available through the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS) or your local Connexions Service. You can find links to both below.