Why use access?
We are an award winning training organisation. In 2009 we gained the Training Quality Standard (TQS) for employer responsiveness (the only independent training provider in Tyne and Wear to gain the award). We aim to make a difference to your organisation through the training we deliver.
We aim to identify employer’s training needs and the measurable outcomes/benefits they can expect to see as a result of the training solution implemented. These outcomes are reviewed on completion of the training to determine how successful we have been in meeting employer needs.
We were inspected by Ofsted in January 2012. Inspectors confirmed we were a good provider overall. Our learner outcomes, quality of provision and leadership and management were also judged to be good.
“A wide range of programmes successfully meets the needs of most learners and employers. Staff take great care to ensure that they match learners carefully to employers.” Ofsted January 2012
Our performance is also measured by the following:
FE Choices is the Government’s performance assessment tool for further education colleges and post-16 education and training providers. This includes a set of performance indicators that cover aspects of a provider’s provision including success rates and the views of learners and employers. In 2012 our employers gave us an average grade of 8.4 out of 10. This compares favourably with the national average score of 8.1 and the scores of almost all of our local competitors.
To view the FE Choices Comparison site, please click here.
We also undertake our own annual Employer Survey to gather views on other aspects of our performance. Access is proud to announce that the 2012 survey shows that our performance has improved since last year – scoring higher in 9 out of the 15 areas. The scores on the doors were impressive – ranging from 8.22 out of 10 to 9 out of 10.
Employers were particularly positive about the professionalism of the staff delivering training and how well they support employees to gain qualifications. How the team tailors training programmes to meet specific business needs was also praised.
- Access understood our training requirements and delivered outstanding results. The training we received was much better than we ever anticipated and they always went the extra mile with us. A highly recommended training provider’ – Jowetts.
- Skills advisers push our staff to expand their skills and knowledge – it isn’t just doing enough to get them through the qualification.’ – Peacocks Medical Group.
- ‘Always efficient and polite, having a good understanding of our needs when recruiting. Always very professional’ – Acrol.
- ‘They seem to communicate well with and inspire their students’ – Gateshead Council.
- ‘Speed of providing candidates for apprenticeship position’ –TDR.
For more information please click on the following downloadable documents: