“Apprentices make very good progress whilst they are with Access, and once they finish their qualification, large numbers progress from level 2 to level 3, with those in accountancy & management progressing to higher level qualifications.” Ofsted June 2015
Apprenticeships are designed to help you learn on the job, developing your practical skills and abilities and helping you to become the best at what you do.
If you are already employed, we can help you to gain qualifications while you continue to earn, putting you in an excellent position to develop your career. We are happy to discuss this further with you and your employer.
If you are not currently employed and looking to start an Apprenticeship, we would interview you, then match your details with suitable vacancies that we have available, and put you forward for interview with our employers. You will be employed from day one in a real job and gain a range of qualifications.
An Apprenticeship is a ‘framework’ of qualifications which usually includes:
- An NVQ specific to your occupational area
- Functional Skills in English, Maths & ICT
- A Technical Certificate
Occupational areas available through Access Training
We currently offer a range of Apprenticeship programmes in the following occupational areas:
What Makes Access Training Apprenticeships different?
- Our training centre is based in Gateshead but we deliver apprenticeships throughout the region
- We offer first class support & training – and were graded as ‘good’ by OFSTED in 2015.
- We offer progression opportunities – many of our learners go on to complete additional qualifications with us (we offer Higher Level Apprenticeships in some areas). Alongside their qualifications, many are promoted, moving upwards in their career too.
- We offer quality – with achievement rates continually above national averages.
‘The very great majority of apprentices are kept on by their employers, and many take on extra responsibilities or gain promotion with their company.” Ofsted 2015
How to apply or find out more?
To find out more about apprenticeships or to apply for the programme contact our Business Solutions team on:
For information advice and guidance within the Apprenticeship journey click here