We are advertising the following vacancies on behalf of employers in the North East.
We are also interested in receiving applications for apprenticeship opportunities in general and we will consider these against current vacancies and those which may arise in the future (please enter General where the application form asks for a vacancy number).
If your application meets the required standard we will invite you for an initial interview at our Training Centre on the Team Valley in Gateshead.
CVs for those applicants successful at the initial interview are sent to employers who may invite you for an interview at their premises which in turn may lead to an offer of employment.
Access will then work with you and your employer to achieve your apprenticeship qualification.
If you are interested in any of the following Apprenticeship vacancies, please complete the application form below or alternatively forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and please entitle your email as ‘new application’:
Vacancy ref no: 1443
Job Title: Manufacturing Apprentice
Location: Pallion, Sunderland
Employer: Mason House Manufacturing (Callerton Kitchens)
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £148.00 per week
Kickstart your career with a manufacturing apprenticeship with Sunderland based employer, Mason House Manufacturing. The successful candidate will benefit from ‘on the job’ training whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification. Duties to include:
- Cutting and edging of products
- Use of CNC drill, saw and hand sanding products
- Polishing products
- Quality checking goods
- Wrapping and assembling products
- Processing ‘goods in’ the dispatch area and location into storage
- Checking for damages
- General housekeeping duties
- Adhering to Health and Safety guidelines at all times.
Applicants should have good IT skills and the ability to check their own work.
Probationary period applies / Quarterly bonus related to production targets
Initially a 12 month contract, with a view to becoming permanent for the right candidate
Vacancy ref no: 1442
Job Title: Accounts Administrator Apprentice
Employer: Boiler Plan UK
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £148.00 per week
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Accounts Administrator – required to join a lively and busy team to ensure the smooth running of the department. Based within the Accounts team the duties will include;
- General administrative tasks to include scanning, photocopying and filing documents
- Maintaining and issuing stationery supplies
- Administration activities in relation to the company fleet of vehicles
- Circulating mail
- Booking travel & accommodation for field Engineers
- Collate purchase invoices & matching invoices to purchase orders
- Process invoices and credit notes onto accounting system (Xero) for payment
- Interact with relevant departments and suppliers to resolve invoice queries
- Filing & archiving of invoice documentation
- Complete month end closure in line with agreed deadlines
- Reconcile and maintain office petty cash
- Process employee expense forms
This is initially an administration apprenticeship, but may progress onto the AAT Assistant Accountant apprenticeship on successful completion of the Business Administration apprenticeship – for the right candidate.
Applicants should have an interest in Accounts work.
Applicants should have good IT skills and knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
Vacancy ref no: 1441
Job Title: Apprentice Finance Assistant
Location: Team Valley, Gateshead
Employer: All Good
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 9.00am-5.00pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £170.00 per week
An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Finance Assistant at All Good, based on Team Valley, has become available. This is a very varied role with opportunities to progress through the AAT levels – for the right candidate.
Duties will include:
- Use of computerised accountancy software – Sage 50
- Purchase ledger & matching up supplier invoices
- Preparation for payment runs
- Bank reconciliations
- Month end statements
- Payroll duties – checking time sheets, data input etc.
- Report preparation
- Eventually progressing onto VAT returns
- Use of email / telephone, answering supplier queries
Applicants should have knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes to include Excel, Word & Outlook along with good keyboard skills. Applicants should also be comfortable working with figures and have the ability to check their own work.
6 month probationary period applies.
Driving licence desirable.
Vacancy ref no: 1440
Job Title: Apprentice Fire Engineer
Location: Seaton Delaval, Whitley Bay
Employer: Cormeton Fire Protect
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £138.75 per week
Based in Seaton Delaval for over 40 years, Cormeton Fire Protection Ltd is one of the leading North East based Fire Protection companies, providing unbeatable service and value to customers in Commercial, Residential and Marine sectors nationwide, from corner shops & homes to global organisations and from small fishing boats to Royal Navy vessels.
Cormeton Fire is fast becoming THE one stop shop for all your Fire Safety needs carried out by our in house competent engineers..
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Fire Engineer at a well-established company, based in Seaton Delaval. Duties to include: –
Supply installation and maintenance of Fire and Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Access Control , Emergency Lights and Fire Extinguishers.
- Dealing with clients on a day to day basis
- Shadowing engineers on service and maintenance site visits
- Working closely with installations teams on various sites
- Testing systems and explaining to customers how to operate them
- Checking and servicing existing systems
- Joining the on call Rota as experience progresses
Learning the day to day operation of the onsite work
Vacancy ref no: 1434
Job Title: Apprentice Business Administrator
Location: Team Valley, Gateshead
Employer: Chartwise UK
Hours of Work: 8.30-3.30pm Mon – Fri (30 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an administration apprentice at Team Valley based company, Chartwise.
Duties to include:-
- Reception duties- meeting and greeting visitors
- Answering the telephone
- Maintaining paper based filing system
- Taking card payments from customers
- Scanning/photocopying documents
- Entering data/use of IT cloud based system zero
- Use of email
- Use of Microsoft Office
- Applicants should have good IT skills
Vacancy ref no: 1425
Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice
Location: Chester Le Street, County Durham
Employer: Epic Social
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm (40 hours per week)
Salary: £175.00 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Administrator at Epic Social based in Chester le Street. There will also be opportunities be involved in the Creative Media side of the business. Duties to include:
- Answering the telephone, transferring calls & taking messages
- Booking staff travel and accommodation
- Diary management & booking appointments
- Attending creative brief sessions for campaigns & assisting the Director with daily tasks
- Use of the photocopier & scanner
- Use of the electronic filing system
- Using Google drive & Google Suite
- Assisting the media team on shoots around the UK (Occasional overnight stays on location will be required / will be accompanied by colleagues).
- Occasional evening / weekend working may be required to cover events
Vacancy ref no: 1419
Job Title: Administration Apprentice – Tax & Payroll
Employer: Stephenson Coates
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.30pm (37 Hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Administration Assistant at Newcastle based company – Stephenson Coates to specialise in Tax and Payroll administration.
Duties to include:
- Printing and saving tax returns
- Scanning and saving HRMC notices
- Preparation of letters to clients
- Pension uploads
- Saving submission receipts
- Use of telephone, photocopier & scanner
- Use of software to include; Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook and HMRC online system
- Other associated administrative duties as required
Applicants should have good IT skills and be competent using Microsoft programmes. Should also be able to work off own initiative and have excellent communication skills as well as being a team player.
Probationary period applies / full training will be given
These vacancies are also advertised on Apprenticeship vacancies. Please click here
If you require any further information about these vacancies please contact our Business Solutions Team on 0191 490 4653